Thursday, June 12, 2008

A Different Kind Of a Setup...



My latest old Obsession: Photography....

When I was young, I remember one of my teacher back in the primary school asked everyone of us on what we wanted to be when we grew up. One by one my classmates stood up and present them self with what the wanted to be when they leave school someday..

Some wanted to be a policeman, a lawyer ,a doctors , fireman , even an actor and few wanted to be a entrepreneur but none wanted to be a photographer..
And I remember i proudly say that i wanted to be one.....

My older sister owns multiply vast range of magazines and books inside her room, and one of this magazine that she have on her book racks was a the National Geographic Magazines..
I loves looking at the pictures,.. it strikes me with wonders every time i lay an eyes on it.. Everything seems perfect and visually narrated in my mind..

I see an unbound interpretations, it is endless.. the colours, the composure the tiny little details is astonishingly played by the subject .. he doesn't have to spits a single words.. The captured images speak for it self...

It brings such pleasures and I remember.. it emanate joy to my being, I could stare at pictures after pictures for hours... back from school during my lunch times my mouth is full with food munching and my hand is flipping trough pages after pages...the last things i let go before i closed my eyes at night and the first thing I grab when i set my feet on the floor..
So i asked her one day... Who was responsible behind all of this perfect frame that it is so wondrous and thoughtful at the same time.. And she said to me: A Passion of a Photographer..
From that point on my obsessions start..

The First Encounter:
Dad used to own a Polaroid camera.He bought it when he was preforming haj in the late mid 80' .. My eyes grew larger, my heart beats out of the norm and my thought was over pouring the first time when I held it on my clutches.. Just to look over the viewfinder is a kinda of new experienced and very overwhelming.. I shoot picture all day until the cartridges runs out but unfortunately a refiled is very hard to get at that time so my passion dimmed but it never put off completely...

Now that i just recently owned my very first proper camera... the feeling that i felt some twenty years ago comes back and this time it come in a hundreds fold!...
I still could not get over it...
And from here, I will snaps and froze the phenomenon of the world thru my eyes and bring them back home with me ....and share it with all of you....
Enjoy.....







No comments: