Thursday, June 19, 2008

Long Due..

I received an email from an old skate buddy yesterday, and the contain was regarding an event that had been held for 4 years in a row now, all around the globe.. and now for the first time in our own soil.

GO SKATEBOARDING DAY 2008.

I'am so stoked that such event is finally organised, especially by couples of old friend of mine that I haven't seen for years, Chances for me to have a glimpse of all of them again hopefully will be over this weekend (Sunday, 22 June).

A little bit of grease for the bearings, tighten the loose nuts and bolts and a lots of physical stretching of course (Its been centuries hope I can still Ollie!! heheh) and I am ready to roll with them!!

I cannot wait..

..till then I'll be reporting again and keep up with the update.

Date : 22 June 2008
VENUE : Jerudong Park (8 shape track)

Time : From Late afternoon Onwards

Activities : -TBA-

''GSD originated as the day for skateboarders to have fun, to raise awareness about the issues we face, to show the world what skateboarding is really all about, to reclaim our culture and to define skateboarding as the rebellious, creative celebration of independence it continues to be. In the three years since that first celebration, the holiday continues to grow, but the mission remains the same: Have fun, go skateboarding!''

''As clip from go skateboarding day organisation'

For more details go to http://www.goskateboardingday.org/

No comments: